Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Chubby Pickle

I found internet access in Phillipsburg, Kansas, in a deli called the Chubby Pickle. The password for the free WiFi I'm using is "Little Chubby." It appears that Kansas has a sense of humor.

The terrain here is not flat. The roads roll and the entire state is a gradual uphill. I like this better than flat terrain, though, because it gives me something to do. Similar to driving, biking is more fun when you need to shift.

The colors here are really beautiful. Even though the scenery is slightly monotonous - mostly corn and wheat - the gold and green and blue are incredibly vibrant. Plus, the sky is HUGE.

One other thing that I am enjoying - we are now riding on Route 36, which heads true west. This means at some point every afternoon / evening, I get to ride toward a really awesome sunset.

Only two more days of Kansys, and then we cross the Colorado border. Apparently at some point today, we'll be able to see the Rockies. I can't wait.

No comments: