Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fat Kids.


I get the same question from a lot of you: "How much weight have you guys lost? Do you all look amazing?"

Short answer: zero pounds. and no.

We eat CONSTANTLY. And I don't mean things like salads, and tofu, and organic Kansas-grown produce. I mean like Snickers bars, and burgers, and ice cream, and things that pack a LOT of calories into a small package for very little money. My favorite thing to buy, when I can find them, are these peanut bars that are made of only peanuts stuck together with melted sugar. They cost 25 cents and taste fantastic. I also really like breakfast sandwiches fromg as stations. Usually 2 or 3 at a time.

We are burning pretty massive amounts of calories every day, and I am constantly hungry, so I don't really worry about what I eat. I'm sure this will come back to haunt me at some point, when I'm not biking hundreds of miles every week, but right now, I don't care. Jon and I periodically look at each other when we're at restaurants and say, "Fat kids." Then we shake our heads.

Yesterday, we found a $4.99 salad bar for dinner. Dear God. At one point, Jon was consuming a bowl filled with black olives and bacon bits. See above.

6 comments:

Val said...

I'm on an all-carb diet.

Is butter a carb?

Gene Parmesan said...

What's the opposite of ironic?

Also, buy American, Crystal Method over Chemical Brothers.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. Haven't lost any? BUT have you also not gained any??? Sounds to me like an awesomely fun diet! I am jealous! Love you girl!
Aunt L.

Anonymous said...

"...whatever, I'm getting cheese fries."

Kayla Burnim said...

you taste like a burger, i don't like you anymore

Val said...

Dear Heather,

Start a blog about grad school!

Love,
Everyone